These quotes on living in the present moment are full of words to inspire you to enjoy every single moment as it comes.
It can all too tempting to fixate over mistakes in the past and to worry about the future, but when you do, you’re trading your present moment and your present happiness.
When you remember that the present moment is all you’re ever guaranteed in life, it makes sense to figure out how to enjoy it to the full!
These quotes all come with attractive printable designs to make it easy to print off your favorite for daily inspiration.
1. Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.
– Oprah Winfrey
2. Do good, live in the most positive way and joyful way possible every day.
– Roy T. Bennett
3. Every single second is an opportunity to change your life, because in any moment you can change the way you feel.
– Rhonda Byrne
4. Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.
– Omar Khayyam
5. We know nothing of tomorrow; our business is to be good and happy today.
– Sydney Smith
6. Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.
– Wayne Dyer
7. There is one thing we can do, and the happiest people are those who can do it to the limit of their ability. We can be completely present and can be all here. We can give all our attention to the opportunity before us.
– Mark Van Doren
8. The great science to live happily is to live in the present.
9. Wherever you are be all there.
– Jim Elliot
10. You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment.
– Henry David Thoreau
11. Live in the present and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering.
– Ida Scott Taylor
12. Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.
– Cherokee Indian Proverb
13. Remember that there is only one important time and it is Now. The present moment is the only time over which you have power.
– Leo Tolstoy
14. We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
– Thornton Wilder
15. Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed.
– Coreta Kent
16. Living in the moment is being aware of the moment we are in. If our minds are in the past or future, we are not truly alive in the present.
– Satsuki Shibuya
17. Don’t let the past steal your present.
– Cherralea Morgen
18. If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.
– Author Unknown
19. The only thing that is ultimately real about your journey is the step that you are taking at this moment. That’s all there ever is.
– Eckhart Tolle
20. Forever is composed of nows.
– Emily Dickinson
21. When you try to control everything, you enjoy nothing. Sometimes you just need to relax, breath, let go and live in the moment.
22. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.
23. You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.
– Jan Glidewell
24. The first recipe for happiness is: Avoid too lengthy meditation on the past.
– André Maurois
25. Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.
– Mother Teresa
26. Today is life – the only life you are sure of. Make the most of today. Get interested in something. Shake yourself awake. Develop a hobby. Let the winds of enthusiasm sweep through you. Live today with gusto.
– Dale Carnegie
27. Your life requires your mindful presence in order to live it. Be here now.
– Akiroq Brost
28. Stress is the distance between where your thoughts are and where your life is happening.
– Dean Jackson
29. Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
– American Proverb
30. It is only possible to live happily-ever-after on a day-to-day basis.
– Margaret Bonnano
31. Nothing is worth more than this day.
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
32. Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness.
– James Thurber
33. The foundation for greatness is honoring the small things of the present moment instead of pursuing the idea of greatness.
– Eckhart Tolle
34. Nothing is more precious than being in the present moment. Fully alive, fully aware.
– Thích Nhất Hạnh
35. We seem to be going through a period of nostalgia, and everyone seems to think yesterday was better than today. I don’t think it was, and I would advise you not to wait ten years before admitting today was great. If you’re hung up on nostalgia, pretend today is yesterday and just go out and have one hell of a time.
– Art Buchwald
If you loved these quotes on living in the present moment, why not print your favorite for inspiration in everyday life? You can stick it by the computer, in your diary, as part of a vision board, or even in a card to inspire a friend.
You might also enjoy:
I hope you loved these quotes on living in the present moment and that they’ll help you fully enjoy every moment of your life. Comment and let me and others know your favorite. Please also share this if you enjoyed it. Every share counts!
Follow me on Instagram and get all my latest posts and inspiration to live a life you love.
Thanks for reading!
Do you grapple with your thoughts about money and saving? The ability to save seems…
There's something appealing about a Valentine's Day at home. You can skip the rush, stress…
Getting into the right frame of mind in the morning can set you up for…
These 27 good vibes quotes will help you to get into a positive mood, no…
Words are powerful. They have incredible sway over others, and yet we don't always know…